Information for Vets
How to refer:
If you are a veterinary surgeon and wish to refer a case, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Referral form with details of your practice.
- Brief description of the presenting problems.
- Full medical history.
- All contact details for the client.
On receiving this information the client will be contacted and provided with details of Ali's services and costs.
Benefits of working with Ali:
- Ali is an ASAB Accredited Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB), full member of The Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC) and Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC) Registered Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CAB) with over 15 years experience.
- Ali only accepts behaviour cases on veterinary referral, as many behaviour problems may be related to past or present medical conditions.
- Ali strongly believes in working with you to find the best outcome for each case and maintains excellent communication throughout the pet’s treatment programme.
- Referral from yourselves enables the client to feel confident that Ali has been recommended based on her experience, qualifications and reputation.
- Only positive reward based methods are used, ensuring the highest standards of animal welfare and allowing people to learn how to communicate with their pets, without the need for force.
- If there are behavioural or safety concerns related to treating the pet at your practice, Ali can work with you to find the best approach.
- Ali is happy to see any behavioural problems in both dogs and cats, however also has the experience to know when a veterinary behaviourist may be more appropriate for cases where there is a complex medical history.
- Many insurance companies will cover, at least in part, fees charged for behaviour consultations. Ali will also offer payment plans to clients needing financial support (please state this on the referral).
- Ali is fully insured with both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.