Terms of Business
Consultations and Training Visits
Once a visit has been booked, a confirmation of the booking will be sent with details of the venue, time, costs and any other information that is required to ensure the visit runs smoothly. All instructions must be followed to ensure the safety of all those involved. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the visit with no refund.
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are available at the correct time, on the correct day of the visit. Failure to do so may result in the client being charged for the full cost of the visit.
Events hosted by Ali
For events, the full fee is required at the time of booking in order to secure your place. Unfortunately, if payment is not received on booking, you may lose your place.
Once an event has been booked, a confirmation of the booking will be sent with details of the venue, time, costs and any other information that is required to ensure the event runs smoothly. All instructions must be followed to ensure the safety of all those involved. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your place on the event with no refund.
Deposits, Refunds and Cancellations
Consultations and Training visits
A deposit of £50 for a behavioural consultation and £45 for a training visit is required to confirm the booking. This must be paid within 10 days of receiving the confirmation letter to secure the booking. The deposit will then be used towards the cost of the consultation/training visit, which must be paid in full on the day of the visit.
If you have to postpone or cancel your consultation:
- If you postpone with less than 10 days notice, the deposit will be held until another date is made.
- If you cancel at any time after booking your consultation, a £30 admin fee will be charged and deducted from your deposit.
- If you cancel within 7 days of your consultation, the deposit will be taken as a cancellation fee and another deposit will be required to book a consultation.
Follow Up visits
No deposit is requested for follow up visits however it is important to let Ali know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
Events - Workshops and Talks
Full refunds are only possible if your place is cancelled with at least 14 days notice, even if the circumstances are unavoidable. This is to ensure the event can still go ahead because outside trainers/speakers and venues will need to have been pre-booked and paid.
If an event has to be cancelled due to the weather or due to unforeseen circumstances, the event fee will be refunded.
The balance of the consultation fee and any training goods must be paid in full at the time of the consultation or event. Payment is accepted by cheque, cash or bank transfer at the time of the consultation or event. The price of the consultation or event will be the price as agreed on the confirmation letter.
To ensure you gain the most from the consultation, all family members or friends who come into regular contact with the dog(s) are encouraged to be present. A behavioural consultation can however take between two and a half to 3 hours and so it is advised that children under the age of 5 have an adult who is able to supervise and if necessary, take them into a different room during the consultation.
Events - Workshops and talks
Please ask at the time of booking if you have any special requests regarding who wishes to attend i.e. children or pets.
Safety and Responsibility
Consultations – Home visits
In order to ensure my own personal safety and that of your dog(s), it is essential that all dog(s) are placed securely in another room prior to my arrival at your home. Introductions will then be supervised by myself during the visit. All instructions during the consultation must be followed to ensure the safety of all of those involved. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the consultation with no refund.
Consultations, Training Visits and Events
Although every precaution is taken to ensure the highest safety standards, the safety of both yourselves, your pets and your property remains your responsibility;
- By booking with Alison Scott, you are accepting that participating in the training and modification of your dog’s behaviour may pose a risk of injury to yourself and your dog. You also are accepting responsibility for ensuing that anyone who accompanies you to a consultation is aware that they do so at their own risk.
- By booking with Alison Scott, you are accepting that Alison Scott will not take responsibility for any accidental damage to property owned by yourself and if damage is made to any property of Alison Scott, this will be replaced or fully compensated.
If any accidents or injuries occur, they must be immediately reported to myself at the time they occurred to ensure the correct safety protocols are followed.
Ali Scott is fully insured with ‘Pet Business Insurance’.
Unless required by law, public interest or you give your consent, information which you supply will be kept confidential.
By paying the deposit you are giving permission for Alison Scott to obtain, store or share the following information set out below, under the new general data protection regulations:
- Contact your vets to obtain your pet’s full medical history.
- Share a summary of your report with your vets and discuss any findings with them that relate to the treatment of your pet e.g. if they require further medical investigations or medication.
- Save your report and contact information on a password protected computer that is stored in a locked premises. This will be saved for the duration of your dog’s treatment and for 2 years thereafter. This is to ensure that any further contact regarding any behavioural concerns, or incidents that occur, can be properly investigated from the history and treatment that has been advised.
The business website is hosted on the Joomla platform. Joomla provides an online platform that allows Alison Scott to sell her services to you.
Google Analytics is used to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
If anyone has used the 'contact me' page, this information is not stored other than on the email that it was sent. Emails can only be accessed on a password protected phone and a password protected computer that is stored in locked premises. If you would like your enquiry email to be deleted from the server, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org